YTL Corporation Berhad is an integrated infrastructure developer with extensive operations in countries including Malaysia, the United Kingdom, Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, Japan, Jordan and China and total assets of RM71.3 billion (USD17.0 billion) (as at 31 March 2019). The core businesses of the YTL Group comprise utilities, construction contracting, cement manufacturing, property development and investment, hotel development and management, e-commerce initiatives and internet-based education solutions and services.
YTL Corp is amongst the largest companies listed on Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad (the Kuala Lumpur stock exchange) and is a component of the FTSE Bursa Malaysia Mid 70 Index. YTL Corp has also had a secondary listing on the Tokyo Stock Exchange since 1996 and was the first non-Japanese Asian company to list on the Tokyo exchange.
YTL Corp, together with its listed entities in Malaysia (YTL Power International Berhad, YTL Land & Development Berhad, and YTL Hospitality REIT), has a combined market capitalisation of approximately RM20.4 billion (USD4.9 billion) as at 31 May 2019. YTL Corp also has a stake in Singapore-listed Starhill Global REIT, which owns prime retail assets in Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, China and Australia.
The YTL Group is committed to producing world class products and services at competitive prices. This corporate philosophy has enabled the YTL group to build up a growing customer base of more than 12 million customers globally over the last 30 years.
The YTL Group has a number of "firsts" under its belt, for example:
- It was the first company to introduce turnkey construction into Malaysia.
- The first Independent Power Producer in Malaysia.
- The first Independent Power Producer in Asia to use non-US$ funding to finance a power plant in Asia (setting a new industry standard).
- Its gas-fired combined cycle power plant was built in a world record time of just 22 months, and was the first to achieve the new ISO 9001 Year 2000 Quality Standard Award, based on quality management systems.
- The first Asian company to issue a Zero-Coupon Euro-bond.
- The first non-Japanese Asian company to list on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (in 1996).
- The first Malaysian company to use non-recourse local financing to finance a high-speed rail project.